Up to £50000.00 per annum
3 months ago
A world leading organisation within there industry is recruiting for a Procurement Category Manager. With an established but growing Procurement department this opportunity provides excellent exposure and future potential progressive opportunities within the business. The successful candidate will need to be able to leverage value from both front end negotiation and managing the supplier relationship. This is a high profile role with the opportunity to innovate and drive change in the category and across the wider procurement team.
The Procurement Category Manager will be responsible for:
- Work with key stakeholders and SMEs to ensure that procurement best practices and policies are followed and maintained across the business.
- Deliver value-add reporting to the department and wider business.
- Be responsible for the commercial terms & contracts that are agreed with suppliers across Direct & Indirect channels
- Deliver real bottom-line savings to the business and monitor their delivery with the Finance department
- Seek and obtain market leading commercial terms, always keeping in mind the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Ensure that performance standards for suppliers are set reflecting the needs of the business today and in the future
- Become a category expert and identify, evaluate and implement opportunities for improvement in supply arrangements and procedures
- Build, develop and manage excellent business relationships with existing and potential Direct & Indirect product/service suppliers operating in the UK, and potentially from overseas
As the successful Procurement Category Manager you are likely to have significant experience in:
- Experience of Procurement in a blue-chip procurement environment
- Experience of procuring a wide range of products, services and commodities
- Proven track record in cost analysis and delivery of real cost reduction
- Able to agree and work to challenging deadlines
- Developed negotiating skills
- Able to strategically manage a category or categories whilst being able to deliver tactical solutions
- Ability to manage several different projects/negotiations concurrently and to work at pace to deliver
- Change management experience & ability to deliver change and the benefit this can bring
- Ability to manage a supplier base and supplier personnel up to Director Level
There is an attractive benefits package offered with this role including a 10% company bonus.
To apply for the Procurement Category Manager position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.