4 months ago
Process Leader - Permanent - Aerospace Engineering - Worcestershire / South Birmingham
Are you a Process Leader with experience of driving consistent standards, rigorous SQDCP performance improvements and customer satisfaction by delivering products OTIF from a vertically integrated process stream? If so, a global aerospace manufacturing organisation based in the South Birmingham area are looking for you!
As the Process Leader, you will be responsible for process stream within one of four business units - Structural, Aerostructures, Precision, Machining, from raw material input to delivery and invoicing. You shall be responsive to customer / supplier demands, NPI's and proactive in moving the business forward.
The Process Leader will have the following responsibilities:
- Managing and motivating Process Team Leaders, and process operatives.
- Headcount will range from circa 15 - 50 heads.
- Operating budget will include Payroll, Consumables, Tooling, Subcontract & Overtime.
- Business Planning responsibility to include Load & Capacity, SIOP (Sales Investment Operations Planning) and
- Performance Management / Production System
- Manpower - People management, absence, productivity, skills, training
- Machines - Asset care / Die Care
- Methods - Standard Operations
- Material - Production plan, Flow, Logistics, inventory
- Delivery metrics - OTIF, Arrear's reduction, Customer satisfaction, Business unit costs and revenue output in line with budgets, build and maintain buffer stocks.
Skills required for the Process Leader:
- Previous experience operating in a process driven position or similar role.
- Excellent planning skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- A focus on continuous improvement.
- Effective customer facing skills.
- Experienced working within a manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to the aerospace industry would be highly advantageous but not essential.
- Good IT skills and must be able to use a plethora of Microsoft Office applications.
** We are recruiting several Process Leaders so don't delay! **
If you would like to know more about the Process Leader role, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 07527257851 or email