£63000.00 - £73000.00 per annum
11 months ago
Process Improvement Manager - Oxford - Medical - Permanent
Are you a Process Improvement Manager with a background in the medical or diagnostics sector and a flare for optimising, automating and developing processes associated? If so, an Oxford based diagnostics organisation needs you!
As the Process Improvement Manager, you will be responsible for leading projects to develop, improve, optimise and automate the company's manufacturing processes to improve capacity and efficiency following the QMS. The incumbent will be part of the manufacturing team and manage the production scientists.
Responsibilities of the Process Improvement Manager
- Troubleshooting & improvement of manufacturing processes, with support from the Director, Production, both on-site and at Contract Manufacturing Organisations (CMOs)
- Working with the Production Manager and Research and Development to develop new manufacturing processes as required
- Mentor production scientists to provide guidance, support and develop their capabilities
- Conduct investigations, make proposals and implement actions as part of continuous improvement and Quality Compliance
- Validation of products, production processes, equipment and facilities, to appropriate regulatory requirements
- Development of manufacturing documentation in close association with the Production Manager (SOP's, Work Instructions etc)
- Maintenance and improvement of the Company Quality System
- Work with the Production scientists to design and implement improvement/change programmes which enhance productivity, capacity, and technological capabilities.
- Analyse current and future manufacturing capacity, facilities, processes and requirements and make appropriate recommendations to senior management
- Work with the Production team to monitor and evaluate work-flow and assembly methods and introduce process improvements that favourably affect cost and quality.
Requirements for the role of Process Improvement Manager
- Bachelor's or Masters' Degree in Science, Engineering or other formal management training.
- Experience of production improvement in a diagnostic/medical devices company
- Knowledge of key manufacturing techniques and processes, including formulation, aseptic filling, labelling equipment, automated packaging equipment, assembly processes.
- Experience of creating a business case for capital expenditure is essential
- Additional experience of production operations and management preferred
- Experience and qualifications in Lean/Six Sigma preferred
- Familiarity with Quality System Requirements preferably including ISO 13485 and cGMP
- Familiarity with implementation and use of ERP systems in manufacturing is strongly preferred
- Strong technical skills and IT skills are essential
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to play a key part in further extending the business portfolio by utilising an entrepreneurial approach combined with can do attitude.
If you would like to know more about the Process Improvement Manager role, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 07527257851 or email