Gleeson Recruitment Group have just been briefed on a Problem Manager vacancy working with an industry leading Telecoms business based out of Manchester.
This role will be based out of the head office in Manchester and will include a hybrid working model.
The successful applicant will need to have a background in working with both large and small project and have a good background within service management.
- Manage operational process for Problem Management and ensure these are adopted and adhered to across the business
- Training the IT Operations teams in Problem Management and root cause methodologies
- Identification and definition of both Reactive and Proactive Problem Records
- Responsible for the end-to-end management of all Problems which have been identified as posing a risk of service degradation to the businesses Live Services
- Work to complete a quick assessment of risk to ascertain the urgency of the Problem Record
- Assignment of ownership for resolving problems and follow up activity to ensure that the goals for problem resolution are met including escalation when required.
- Complete Root Cause Analysis through working with SME teams to identify the actions and subsequent tracking of those actions until the risk has been permanently removed
- Confirm categorisation of Problem Records
- Identification and gaining business/industry agreement on required workarounds
- Analyse incident records to determine any trends or apparent problems that occur, seeks rectification with relevant parties.
- Develop reports on Problem Records for distribution within the energy industry
- Produces regular and accurate management reports for use in managing the problem management process
- In due course, may be asked to deputise for the Head of Diagnostics as required
- A number of key Suppliers including Communications Service Providers (CSPs), Trusted Service Provider (TSP) and the Data Service Provider (DSP)
- Internal teams
- Industry Partners
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Previous Telecoms and/or energy sector experience
- Experience of managing Problem Records in a heavily regulated environment
- Complete understanding of Service Operations ITIL processes
- Understanding risk, control and audit expectations within IT
- Major programmes of work
- BMC Remedy ITSM experience