Principal Electrical Engineer
My client manages the design, construction, and commissioning of high-tech facilities for the world's leading pharma, food, data centre and med tech companies. Established over 50 years ago they are continuing to expand and due to this are now seeking a Principle Electrical Engineer.
You will be accountable for providing/leading the electrical engineering services delivery and execution on a variety of complex, multi-disciplined projects.
A rewarding opportunity to not only focus on technical excellence and delivery but to work within a full life-cycle project delivery environment and team with exposure to a diverse portfolio of projects both in terms of complexity, size and value.
- Act as Lead for department/discipline on selected projects
- Guide, lead and mentor other electrical engineers during project delivery.
- Accountable for the electrical services design input including Lighting & Emergency lighting, Power Distribution, LV Panel, Fire Alarm, Earthing, Security, CCTV and Cable Containment design.
- Provide comprehensive scope of works, specifications, calculations and basis of design documentation for projects.
- Calculations & compilation of primary sources of engineering information including load flow analysis.
- Review submissions and installations for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
- Conduct site surveys (including dilapidation reports).
- Witness commissioning activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
- Liaise and coordinate with other disciplines within the UK offices, and other overseas PM Group offices.
- Attend Client/Contractor interface meetings as well participation in stakeholder meetings.
- Conduct other reasonable duties as required.
- A Diploma or Bachelor Degree or equivalent in related subject (Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering) or equivalent.
- Ideally a Chartered member of IET or CIBSE.
- A depth of knowledge and experience in sector projects preferably within the industrial sectors including Basis of Design through to Detailed Design (RIBA stages).
- Knowledge and experience with related electrical engineering software packages (e.g. Amtech, Dialux, Revit). Ability to complete full cable calculation and selectivity switchgear studies and analysis.
- Lighting design experience (Dialux/Rialux).
- Knowledge and experienced with load-flow analysis and load lists.
- Experience with undertaking LV switchgear discrimination studies.
- Display strong numerical, mathematical skills with the ability to analyse data and work.
- Ability to play a positive role in a multi-disciplined team and to seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding eficiencies in processes.
- Possess a professional approach and demeanour with a strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
- Organised and time management skills - ability to meet project deadlines.
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels and being able to use communication and collaboration software platforms while working remotely.
- Display quality and 'right first time' approach to design.
Offering a competitive salary dependant on experience