Principal Windows System Team Lead (Hybrid) 1-2 days in office £52,000-£58,000
Gleeson are working alongside an incredibly established client who have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Team Lead to initially lead a team of 3 within the Windows team with future plans to join the Cloud & Desktop teams and overseeing them. As much as the client are looking for an experience team lead / principle, the expectations aren't set for the successful candidate to be able to do everything.
You will need to:
- Be a Subject Matter Expert within the Windows server and associated technologies
- Have a great understanding of current and future Windows technologies and providing strategic direction, consultancy to IT, projects and the business.
- Possess advanced knowledge, understanding and capability in the relevant Windows technology to enable you to support and guide a team
- Ensure best practice security models are adopted
- Have strong problem-solving attributes to support/solve complex inter-department data platform problems.
- Manage costs related to the team's budget and associated costs for example, overtime, cross-charging, licensing and capacity management
- Manage support and cover for the department and associated service hours
You will need:
- Degree qualification or equivalent experience (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related Batchelor of Science degree).
- Advanced knowledge of administrating and supporting Microsoft Windows technology across physical and virtualised platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of backup and recovery techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of performance tuning techniques to ensure SLAs are met.
- Advanced knowledge of running Windows in a virtualised environment across both VMware and Hyper-V.
- Advanced knowledge with the Azure Data Platform.
If interested, please apply below!