PRINCIPAL ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - BIRMINGHAM - COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BONUS
I have been assigned by a leading and global multi discipline business who are on the lookout for a talented Principal Electrical Engineer to join their team in Birmingham. This is a great position for someone who is looking to or has experience in leading teams and wants the flexibility to work in a hybrid way.
You will be accountable for providing/leading the electrical engineering services delivery and execution on a variety of complex, multi-disciplined projects.
A rewarding opportunity to not only focus on technical excellence and delivery but to work within a full life-cycle project delivery environment and team with exposure to a diverse portfolio of projects both in terms of complexity, size and value.
· Act as Lead for department/discipline on selected projects.
· Guide, lead and mentor other electrical engineers during project delivery.
· Accountable for the electrical services design input including Lighting & Emergency lighting, Power Distribution, LV Panel, Fire Alarm, Earthing, Security, CCTV and Cable Containment design.
· Provide comprehensive scope of works, specifications, calculations and basis of design documentation for projects.
· Calculations & compilation of primary sources of engineering information including load flow analysis.
· Review submissions and installations for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
· Conduct site surveys (including dilapidation reports).
· Witness commissioning activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
· Liaise and coordinate with other disciplines within the UK offices, and other overseas offices.
· Attend Client/Contractor interface meetings as well participation in stakeholder meetings.
· Conduct other reasonable duties as required.
· A Diploma or bachelor's degree or equivalent in related subject (Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering) or equivalent.
· Ideally a Chartered member of IET or CIBSE.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
· A depth of knowledge and experience in sector projects preferably within the industrial sectors including Basis of Design through to Detailed Design (RIBA stages).
· Knowledge and experience with related electrical engineering software packages (e.g. Amtech, Dialux, Revit). Ability to complete full cable calculation and selectivity switchgear studies and analysis.
· Lighting design experience (Dialux/Rialux).
· Knowledge and experienced with load-flow analysis and load lists.
· Experience with undertaking LV switchgear discrimination studies.
· Display strong numerical, mathematical skills with the ability to analyse data and work.
· Ability to play a positive role in a multi-disciplined team and to seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes.
· Possess a professional approach and demeanour with a strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
· Organised and time management skills - ability to meet project deadlines.
· Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving.
· Excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels and being able to use communication and collaboration software platforms while working remotely.
· Display quality and 'right first time' approach to design.