PRINCIPAL BUILDING SERVICES ENGINEER - BIRMINGHAM
You will play a key role in the overall Building Services Department of the businesses UK Operations. Accountable for a broad array of responsibilities associated with key and senior function, both office and site based, with clients, suppliers and with colleagues throughout the business.
A challenging yet rewarding role within the department, to genuinely contribute to the development of our building services offering and services with clients and their complex projects.
You will also be expected to support, develop, and mentor other engineers and professionals within the team.
· Carry out site condition surveys and produce feasibility reports with budget cost estimates for the building services elements of the work.
· Carry out conceptual and detailed design with calculations for building services systems.
· Produce engineering specifications and report writing.
· Site attendance at project meetings. Inspection of installations, commissioning and witnessing activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
· Able to reside on a construction site for short periods as required for construction assistance.
· Provide support to proposals as required.
· Checking and approving work of other engineers.
· Self-manage own work load and liaise with CAD and other departments to ensure delivery commitments are met. Able to work across UK and other offices on a Multi Office Execution basis as needed.
· Quality control, H&S and document management in line with company policies and systems.
· Develop and maintain good customer relations when responding to enquiries or implementing projects
· You will report directly to your Line Manager (Head of Building Services) within the Birmingham Office and carry out the full range of professional tasks and services to meet client requirements to the highest standards.
· All works will be in full compliance with legislation, regulations and current Codes of Practice, within budget and to client driven timescales.
· Degree in Building Services Engineering or equivalent experience
· Preferably Chartered Engineer
· Membership of appropriate body e.g. CIBSE, ASHRAE etc.
· Proven experience in the building services engineering profession, within a similar level function or role.
· Specific industry and project experience across Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical or Food sectors.
· Design of HVAC systems to GMP WHO, Federal & EU standards, including clean & black utilities, LTHW & chilled water, centralised gas systems, centralised fume cupboard exhaust systems, climate rooms, cold rooms, compressed air, vacuum, LEV, steam water supplies, demineralised water, instrument air, autoclaves, chemical cupboards & BMS
· Experience of energy conservation, sustainability and renewable technologies
· Comprehensive knowledge and application of regulations, legislation, codes of practice and current design standards applicable to mechanical building services installations.
· Demonstrate effective decision making and deliver accurate risk analysis.
· Demonstrate effective team working, contributing to the team and wider company objectives.
· Employ commercial and business development to achieve innovation on projects and organisational objectives.
· Computer literacy skills with specific experience & working knowledge of software packages - IES (preferable), Hevacomp, Specification Expert, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office suite.
· Working knowledge of BREEAM, LEED and related concepts desirable
· CSCS Card preferable
· Display energy, enthusiasm and determination to achieve objectives and deliver solutions.
· Display effective organisation skills with an ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines and expectations of clients and colleagues.
· Demonstrate effective analysis techniques, problem resolution and solution delivery.