Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £28000.00 per annum
2 months ago
Birmingham City Centre
Up to £35,000
Hybrid working available
Gleeson recruitment group are delighted to be working exclusively in partnership with the West Midlands Growth Company to recruit an experienced PR and Communications Officer.
As PR Officer, you will be working collaboratively in the heart of WMGC's fast-paced Media and Communications team. You will be responsible for ensuring WMGC stakeholders feel well-informed and take a lead role on internal briefings and event support, as well as on reporting and evaluation.
This role is ideal for a Senior Communications Executive or Manager level professional. You will have the unique opportunity to work across all WMGC's programme areas - from investment and B2B, to tourism and B2C.
- Develop standardised corporate messaging to support internal communications
- Implement relevant corporate communication opportunities that support awareness raising of WMGC
- Draft high-quality opinion-editorials, press releases, quotes, statements, and speeches
- Support WMGC governance processes, stakeholder liaison and stakeholder reporting, utilising CRM
- Support the development and delivery of a stakeholder engagement plan
- Support the events team across both corporate and BATP events
- Liaise with the marketing team to ensure consistency and effective delivery of corporate communications
- Track and record shareholder communications activity
- Work flexibly across the broad communications team to support with reactive requests across investment, tourism and BAT programme areas
- Professional qualification or relevant degree / equivalent experience
- Able to compose strong communications to the highest standard
- Able to produce compelling content to support strategy
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Experience in a similar role
If you would like more information on this role, please contact Aimee Price at Gleeson Recruitment Group or click 'Apply Now'