Birmingham, West Midlands
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
PR & Communications Manager
Birmingham City Centre
Up to £40,000
Gleeson Recruitment Group are thrilled to be working exclusively with the West Midlands Growth Company to recruit a PR & Communications Manager to their ever-expanding team.
As PR & Communications Manager, you will be an integral part of WMGC's fast-paced Media and Communications team, focusing on promoting the West Midlands regionally, nationally and internationally as a leading destination to do business in and invest in.
You will work with the BATP (Commonwealth Games) Media Programme and create perception changing stories on the region's key sectors of strength, across the world. Key sectors include Tech & Creative, Professional & Financial Services, Advanced Manufacturing, Life Sciences and Low Carbon.
The role will include line management of a PR Executive, also specialising in B2B sectors.
The PR & Communications Manager will:
- Develop a B2B communications strategy to raise awareness surrounding the West Midlands key sectors as above
- Create compelling B2B focused opinion-editorials & press releases
- Lead on the management of the company's B2B PR agency to deliver a comprehensive global programme of media relations surrounding the Commonwealth Games
- Build lasting relationships with WMGC's key stakeholders, partners and investors
- Lead on the monitoring, reporting and evaluation surrounding the B2B agency and investment communications function, utilising CRM
- Support the PR Officer with investment messaging and ensure accurate corporate alignment with the investment narrative
- Line manage a PR Executive
- Lead on reactive comms in response to press surrounding the regions sector focused economic strategy
The candidate will have:
- Professional qualification / relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Able to manage PR agencies
- Build strong B2B comms to high editorial standard
- Produce compelling content such as press releases
- Relationships with B2B press
- Experience in a similar B2B role / environment
If you would like more information on this role, please click 'Apply Now' or contact Aimee Price at Gleeson Recruitment Group