Power BI Specialist - Hybrid working (Warwick based)
Senior BI Analyst - Power BI / Azure
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a utilities company who are looking for a Senior BI Analyst to join them in their growth.
This role as part of the Data Team within the BOOST programme and is responsible for the 'Design' and 'Execution' phases of the data topics of data conversion, data quality, data ownership and reporting during the BOOST Programme and beyond.
- The post holder will work in the Data Governance & BI team working across both data migration and on BI & Reporting, using their knowledge of the organisations data as applicable.
- Act as a hands-on technical SME in data extraction, modelling and profiling techniques to support the provisioning of relevant data to the business.
- Work with the business the inform the data strategy and roadmap, aligned with strategic focus of driving greater levels of value for customers as well as driving internal operational efficiencies.
- Against the data strategy, develop plans to deliver business insights from S/4 data repositories (and other sources, as needed), aligned with tactical (near-term) and strategic (longer term) business objectives.
- Take ownership of developing proposals for delivering business insights, including data source identification, data extraction and data pipeline development approach and data visualisation (whether through Power BI or other data viz. tools).
- They will be analysing our current reporting systems, working with stakeholders and partner agencies on business requirements to support the BI & Reporting strategy and delivery through Power BI channels.
- The role will work collaboratively with an SHVE team and representatives from other business units.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate the gathering of business requirements for data migration and BI & Reporting needs.
- Perform source system data analysis to manage source to target data mapping.
- Partner with Internal Applications and project stakeholders to define the technical aspects for the data conversion.
- Perform Data Cleansing activities as required through engagement with the relevant data stakeholders.
- Support testing activities in relation to validation of migration processes and data.
- Support business change through proactively partnering with the business and identifying opportunities that enhance business performance.
- Work with systems & data governance teams to ensure internal controls are implemented and data integrity is maintained post conversion.
- Communicate status, risks, and progress on an ongoing basis to the project team.
- Responsible for implementing data analysis, cleansing, migration and validation processes and other associated activities as required for the transition to S/4 Hana.
As such we would like you to have/be:
- Extensive experience of column-oriented in-memory database products (one or more from SAP S4 HANA, Apache Cassandra, Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB, Scylla DB).
- Experience building data pipelines using open source (Talend, Apache Kafka) and/or proprietary on-premise (SAP, Informatica, Oracle Data Integrator) or cloud products (Azure Data Factory, AWS DMS).
- Experience of designing, building, maintaining and helping business stakeholders interpret data visualization dashboards in tools such as Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, Alteryx.
- Strong SQL knowledge.
- Ability to efficiently translate business reporting requirements into outputs.
- Good analytical skills and wealth of experience in the development of new reports and business information solutions.
- Experience in collaborating and negotiating through complexities in a multi-party environment.
- Time management skills and able to work under deadlines.
- Ability to comprehend and simplify complex concepts to help influence decisions.
- Methodical and logical approach to problem-solving.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of predictive analytical techniques, including the lifecycle of training and implementing machine learning models.
- Typical challenges to implementing such models and approaches for addressing such challenges.
- Knowledge of and hands on experience with SQL query tools (TOAD Data Point, SQl server mgt studio or similar).
- Knowledge of other reporting and query tools such as Power BISAP analytics, Cognos, Hubble, QlikView and FastStats - IBM i-series AS400 query tool.
Please apply asap if interested - GleeIT