GRG Executive Search have been appointed by a UK Wide IT Services company to find a first-class Portfolio Planning Manager to join their talented and dynamic team supporting a significant portfolio of change. This is a key role that is critical to the successful delivery of the change portfolio.
Reporting to the Head of Portfolio Office, the Portfolio Planning Manager is responsible for developing and embedding programme and project planning standards and capability and building and maintaining the pipeline of planned and in-flight work.
- Working with business stakeholders, Finance and Planning teams, establishing an enduring process for maintaining the Portfolio roadmap covering potential and planned work for the Programmes and Change Team.
- Maintaining a business-wide understanding of strategy and planned change initiatives - including programme and project, operations, maintenance schedules, 3rd party tech refresh.
- Providing insight into opportunities and impact arising from planned change, in order to inform optionality and support decision making.
- Building and maintaining a Portfolio Plan on a Page (POAP) showing key milestones, decision points, interdependencies, conflicts, opportunities that enables customer impact, service impact and delivery impact to be determined.
- Work with Programme and Project practices and cross-business stakeholders to establish best practice planning standards, guidance and templates that enable improvements in planning completeness and accuracy.
- Lead on planning skills training and ongoing quality assurance and continuous improvement of planning disciplines.
- Collaborating with the Portfolio team to innovate and constantly improve ways of working, tools and frameworks.
- Experience in working with established methodologies and project lifecycles from within a regulated environment.
- Proven examples of the successful delivery of E2E projects and programmes.
- Project Management Qualification i.e. PRINCE2, AMP
- Knowledge and experience of Project Management administration systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to create effective project documentation such as PIDs and specs.
- Broad knowledge across multiple technology areas.
- Experience and evidence where you have proactively driven development and implementation of efficiency improvements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate up to board level.
The role is new to the structure and is a permanent opportunity paying up to £60k + 10% car allowance and 20% bonus + benefits, the company have sites across the UK, and they are currently operating a hybrid working pattern with minimal travel required to site.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.