£85000.00 - £100000 per annum + bonus, pension,
14 days ago
Portfolio Manager/ Senior Portfolio Manager
Midlands or London
Up to £100,000 + bonus + enhanced benefits
I am currently working with a large Private Equity/Venture Capital firm who are looking to hire a Portfolio Manager/Senior Portfolio Manager into their Midlands or London office.
They are looking for a Business Partner to work closely with their Investment, Middle Office, and Investor Relations teams, with a focus on producing insight and data on their existing portfolio.
Responsibilities will include
- Liaise with portfolio company, internal finance teams and deal executives to collect financial and KPI data.
- Ensuring that shareholder objectives are pursued, reporting is suitable and that issues and concerns are flagged to the internal Fund Executives.
- Maintain and manage the portfolio monitoring system.
- Ensure deal-related data is accurate and up to date.
- Provide financial analysis and support on value-enhancement projects.
- Review and analyse the content of portfolio reports of each investee company
- Assist in fund raising data collation and validation.
- Prepare investment valuations.
- Assist the marketing team in the preparation of investor reports and presentations.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of fund models.
As the successful Portfolio Manager (or Senior Manager) you will be involved in all the above, working closely with the Investor Director's to understand their role on the board, be confident in challenging, saying 'no' to and changing management teams and Chairs as required. A prior board experience ,or restructuring background would be beneficial, as would previous experience in a similar role portfolio reporting, fund management or deals team exposure (PE, VC, transaction services, M&A, and Due Diligence).
Ideally you will be a qualified accountant ACA, ACCA, or CIMA with a passion for producing high quality information to senior audiences. You will have strong stakeholder management and excellent interpersonal skills and be used to interacting at Board level. The ability to produce high quality data is essential, and goes without saying you will need to have advanced excel skills and ideally financial modelling experience. The role could progress into the core investment team over time.
To apply for the above role position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.