Birmingham, West Midlands
£65000 - £70000 per annum
about 1 month ago
GRG Executive Search have been retained by a Midlands focused organisation to find a first-class PMO Programme Manager to join a key strategic part of their company portfolio. This role will support a variety of programmes within the PMO Centre of Excellence.
As the PMO Programme Manager you will define the portfolio and programmes governance framework ensuring that the programme adheres to the requirements for both public and private sector programmes. You will lead, mentor and developing the PMO team and drive PMO excellence by modelling the behaviours needed to support the wider delivery team.
- Lead the delivery of the programmes and always ensure budgets and timelines are managed
- Provide expertise, advice, and guidance to the business, tailoring training needs assessments and recommendations in order to deliver
- Own the overall business pipeline activity process across the business
- Designing the CoE strategy and plans to maturity
- Managing and resolving portfolio and programme level risks and issues that may arise, in support with the risk manager and strategy manager
- Maintaining the overall integrity of the portfolio, developing, and maintaining the Centre of Excellence environment to support each individual programme within it
- Designing and implementing required business processes including end to end lifecycle management
- Lead on business engagement comms from a CoE perspective
- Planning for the benefits against the business cases, in support with the benefits manager
- Managing and support resource requirements and capacity management, ensuring that this algins with the overall business plan, managing conflicting requirements against different programmes
- Create and maintain MI reporting requirements to business, board, partners, and shareholders
- Extensive programme management experience gained within a similar environment managing a budget of c. £15m
- Significant experience within a similar role in programme delivery, establishing a PMO and embedding a centre of excellence as well as leading on programme maturity
- In depth knowledge of creating and implementing new processes, handoffs, and dependencies, including process improvement cycles
- Significant understanding and application of public sector project environment including governance and assurance processes.
- Worked previously with procurement/OJEU
- Experience of managing transformational change across an organisation
- Experience in programme delivery, such as Prince2 practitioner, MSP practitioner, APM RFQ or similar
- Lean six sigma training