£45000.00 - £50000 per annum + Pension, PHC, parking, flexi-bens
about 1 year ago
We are seeking an experienced Plant Accountant, someone who has worked in a manufacturing or FMCG environment previously, to join a global business based in Lichfield, Staffordshire. This is a fantastic opportunity for an Accountant who enjoys taking full responsibility for the Site P&L, working very closely with the Operational team within the factory, in order to maximise profitability, efficiency and performance across the whole site.
As Plant Accountant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Produce the weekly P&L reporting with detailed analysis as required by the Operational and Finance Team.
- Business Partnering the Operational teams and constructively challenging the business for improvements to improve profitability of the site.
- Produce monthly information to assist in the production of P&L, complete margin process and detailed analysis for gross margin (down to SKU Level) and overhead variances.
- Support the Commercial team in costing new and existing products.
- Conduct departmental cost centre reviews, ensuring accurate accruals are posted whilst maintaining tight cost control.
- Complete annual budget/rolling forecasts for cost of sales and overheads, completing all group templates and presentations where required.
- Capex management and liaison. Return on investment tracking is of particular importance.
- Continually review and challenge internal controls and recommend any changes.
The successful Plant Accountant is likely to be a Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) and have a proven background of working in a business partnering role within a site/ factory/ plant of a manufacturing/ FMCG business. You will be a hands-on site accountant, who enjoys working extremely closely with the operational teams, the workings of the shop floor, and providing solutions and recommendations to the Senior Management Teams. The Site Controller we seek must be naturally inquisitive, use the data to tell the story, go beneath the P&L, and make decisions with confidence.
Benefits: The Plant Accountant role based in Lichfield, Staffordshire, is offering a package of circa £45,000 - £50,000; and contributory pension, private healthcare, and other flexible benefits to financially enhance your package. There is also plenty of opportunity for career progression within the business.
To apply for the Plant Accountant position in Lichfield, Staffordshire, please click on the apply now button. Or for more information, please get in touch directly. Thank you.