Planning Manager - Greater Manchester - Manufacturing
Are you an experienced Planning Manager with a background in Low to medium volume manufacturing? If so, a Defence organisation based in the Greater Manchester area who manufacture special purpose equipment are looking for you!
As the Planning Manager, you will be responsible for the design and execution of planning processes for all product types, implementing and leading the Sales and Operations Planning process. The incumbent shall provide production build priorities to ensure OTIF is achievable, and all work and material packages are released on time to ensure delivery is on time.
The Planning Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Management of the planning function
- Creating long term Production plans for the business
- Managing daily planning activities
- Ensure all production control and planning requirements are satisfied
- Drive and co-ordinate the S&OP process
- Provide input to operational plans supporting budget creation and quarterly updates
- Cross functionally manage, set and measure progress to inventory targets
- Monitor strategic and operational performance via KPI's.
- Identify capacity variances, and drive capacity plans with Manufacturing
- Highlight risk in the supply chain related to slippages and bottlenecks
- Advise on manufacturing strategy with recommendations on the use of MRP, re-order point planning, make to order for contract and stock programme requirements
- Ensure utilisation & maintenance of SAP to achieve planned output
- Create and implement development plans for Production Planning Team
Skills required or the Planning Manager:
- Degree / HND in Manufacturing within an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience operating in a management capacity
- In-depth knowledge of SAP experience of implementing such software would be well received
- Knowledge of fabrication or welding processes would highly desirable
- Implemented Continuous Improvements Activities using various methodologies
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma knowledge and installed best practices
- Lean practitioner that has experience operating in a "best-in-class" lean environment would be advantageous
- Coaching & Training qualifications and experience is not essential but a nice to have
- Current driving license
The Planning Manager role offers a strong benefits package combined with a highly competitive salary.
If you would like to know more, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 0121 752 9921 / 07527257851 or email