Birmingham, West Midlands
£400 - £500 per day
about 2 months ago
Physical Security Officer - Birmingham/remote/global - £400 - £500 per day.
I am working with a manufacturing giant on this contract position for a Physical Security Officer to join their IT security function. This role will be full remote to start but will involve global travel once able.
The ideal candidate will have experience of setting up physical security governance ideally withing a manufacturing environment.
· Engage with Site Directors and representatives to ascertain the current physical security status of manufacturing sites.
· For specific customers, obtain requirements which may inform physical security controls required at sites.
· Develop physical security policies and procedures including for use of equipment, protection measures in the delivery and shipping area, OEM specific procedures.
· Applying security zoning concept to sites and the application of adequate protective measures as determined by risk assessments and requirements.
· Develop and manage remediation and implementation plans and present to CISO, CIO and Site Directors
· Work with procurement team in the RFP process to identify suppliers/contractors.
· Mobilise project teams, to facilitate the site-specific implementation activities.
· Develop and deliver user and supplier awareness and training.
· Oversee delivery of site-specific activities and reporting to the CISO and programme board.
· On-going review of site physical requirements and undertake on-site audits.
· Assistance to the CISO and IT Leadership team in the delivery and maintenance of the physical security control requirements and strategy of the business.
· An excellent awareness of physical security requirements and best practice.
· Proven experience in Physical security governance, establishing and managing security policies and associated process.
· Management and reporting of physical security risk, including risk methodology, assessment, mitigation and management.
· Current knowledge of the threat environment, the threat actors and the impact of these on system security.
· Experience in balancing the provision of physical security controls and measures which adequately protect physical security at sites.
· Experience in successful working as part of a team and in actively contributing to overall team deliverables.
· Experience of ISO27001 and working with Information Security Management System desirable
· Recognised information security certificate is desirable e.g. Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified information Security Manager (CISM) or similar.
· Awareness of TISAX standard desirable but not essential.
If you have the required experience and you'd like to find out more, please apply here.