Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £70000 per annum
11 months ago
Rapidly growing early stage Private Equity backed SME
Newly created Financial Controller position in West Midlands
- Salary of £60,000 to £70,000 on offer, and can be based in either North Birmingham or South Warwickshire
About Our Client
The client is a technology focused services Business with sites across the UK, including 2 sites in the West Midlands. With a private equity investor, they are a highly acquisitive organisation which has lead to an incredible growth and expansion of both revenue and the internal finance structure. They have established themselves with a vast client base and are continuing to expand across the UK.
This is a hands-on Financial Controller role in the business, managing the core finance function and team. There will be the initial need to set-up, with an ongoing need to integrate newly acquired Businesses in to the existing finance structure.
You will be responsible for the delivery of reporting within the group, of both management accountant and Statutory reporting. While ensuring the business is continually going through process improvement and implementation of the new finance systems successfully. The Financial Controller will also be involved with the assessment and integration of new acquisitions made by the Group. This is an exceptional role with high internal and external visibility to the executive team and all areas of the business.
- Ability to develop the management accounts and KPIs as the group develops
- Overseeing and driving timely completion of the monthly preparation of management accounts including the Group consolidation.
- Ability to challenge and replace established processes and procedures where necessary
- Management of the annual audit process for financial reporting.
- Preparation of the monthly Board Pack for discussion with the Board and P/E backers
- Primary lead in Financially integrating business acquisitions (transaction back-office consolidation, system adoption and standardised reporting
- Ownership of the annual budgeting and re-forecasting processes including investor presentations.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for:
- A fully qualified ACCA or ACA candidate who has a background of training within an accountancy firm
- A background within a multi-site environment would be advantageous
- You will need to have a track record within managing a team of two or more people
- The ability to interact with all levels in the business as well as Private Equity investors and the ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing work environment