£19 - £22 per hour + bens
11 months ago
Payroll Supervisor - 1 year Maternity Cover
Gleeson Recruitment Group are seeking a high calibre, experienced Payroll Supervisor to join one of our high profile, established, close-knit organisations who are growing each year.
This is an exceptional, unique Payroll Supervisor opportunity where you can utilise your experience, whilst gaining more exposure to working on large payrolls, and where you can learn from your experienced Payroll Manager and manage, and train the existing Payroll Team of 6.
They are a people-focussed business, so will receive first class training and on-boarding and you will enjoy a long term career with them.
As the Payroll Supervisor, undertaking this maternity cover for one year, you will be working within an overall Payroll team of 14, managing two team leaders, whilst reporting to the Payroll Manager and the successful candidate will be highly organised and motivated, level-headed and will have a great attention to detail. This is role reports to the Head of Payroll, managing a team in a fast paced department running monthly and weekly payrolls in the UK and Ireland for over 10,000 staff. As Payroll Supervisor you will be fully responsible for the daily payroll operation and be a subject matter expert across all aspects of your payroll department.
- To ensure timely and accurate payments to all employees, HMRC and other 3rd parties
- Monitoring of HMRC dashboard for your businesses.
- To ensure timely and accurate reporting to all Pension bodies
- Assist with the preparation of P11d, PSA and associated HMRC payments
- Communicate with the businesses with regards to query resolution and payroll timelines
- Ensure that your team deliver a professional and timely service to all customers
- Provide information to business/managers in a timely and accurate manner
- Identify and report risks and breaches immediately
- Liaison with government bodies and other 3rd parties (pension providers, courts)
- Maintain, create and improve payroll process/training documentation as required
- Take ownership of the payroll account reconciliation process for your businesses ensuring that complex queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Reconcile RTI files and submit to HMRC in timely manner including the submission of EYU files
- Manage the personal advancement of the team via Performance reviews, training and development.
Other Responsibilities working with Head of Payroll:-
- Perform internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external auditors.
- Audit off-cycle payments to improve processes to limit these in future
- Identify any system defects or change requirements
- Assist with annual upgrade testing
- Contribute to and assist with any payroll projects
- Experience of supervising/managing a team
- CIPP Foundation Degree or similar level
- Demonstrable payroll experience in UK/Ireland
- Previous payroll system development/implementation experience
- Ability to effect change and meet deadlines under pressure. Prepared to be hands on if necessary.
- Positive/enthusiastic attitude coupled with the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication levels
- Intermediate level Excel including the ability to manipulate data accurately and the ability to create meaningful reports.
- PeopleSoft knowledge desirable
This is a maternity cover role for a one year fixed term contract and you will ideally be able to commence this opportunity within the next month and be able to commit to the year contract.
My client can offer superb modern offices, that are within easy reach of all public transport routes and a unique opportunity to join a well respected growing business,
Please contact me for further information, of this Reading based Payroll Supervisor position.