£20 - £25 per hour + + holiday pay + bens
3 months ago
Payroll and Expense Specialist - Fully remote working, based anywhere in the UK
This truly is a unique role to join one the worlds most impressive pharmaceutical companies, who are very proud of their achievements to date. Assisting the Payroll team of 2, you will be joining, initially on a 1 year temporary basis, to support the Payroll Manager (and also the HR team) with a 600 employee payroll. Ideally you may have previous experience of Payroll and Expenses and potentially you may have previously worked on the ADP payroll bureau and also may have used Workday but full training will of course be given.
The team are a very close, supportive and friendly team, and the Payroll and HR teams work very closely together, to support the global business - and for this role, the UK business.
The successful candidate will have split responsibilities across both HR and Finance, working alongside the Payroll Manager, in addition to the Finance team on various compliance requirements.
Payroll responsibilities will include
- The processing of payroll for two main entities, and in addition, the successful candidate will take an active role in the management and compliance of the company's travel & expense reimbursement policies and processes.
- Process two separate monthly payrolls across the UK and Ireland, under guidance of Payroll Manager.
- Collaborate directly with external partners as well as the Pension providers, European HR and Benefit platform providers
- Interact closely with colleagues within HR and Finance to provide quality services to staff internally
- Process all Long Term Incentive share related activities correctly in collaboration with the global stock plan team and Payroll Manager.
- Liaise with auditors, both internal and external.
- Manage the UK & ROI's tax obligations, for international transferees, in collaboration with PwC
- Ensure that all statutory payments are made correctly and on time, and any Benefit In Kind is declared and processed correctly.
- Assist in the completion of payroll annual returns including P11Ds
- Respond professionally to employee payroll queries, providing excellent customer service to a diverse and demanding customer base
- Understand current payroll legislation changes and apply them to the payroll process.
Key Accountabilities (Finance)
* Regularly review employee expenses reimbursed via Concur, ensuring compliance with Global and Local policies & Revenue rules/payroll tax legislation, completeness of supporting documents, analysis & trends etc for both UK and Ireland
* Prepare and maintain guidance for both employees and managers, locally and overseas, on the completion and approval of expenses to maintain a robust and compliant expense process.
* Identify gaps in the local expense process and policies, and advise the business on change and best practice
* Provide support with tax authority audits (to include documentation, analysis etc) for both UK and Ireland
* Provide support, where required, for internal and external statutory and adhoc audits for both UK and Ireland
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Well-developed oral and written communication style
* Assumes responsibility and accountability
* Works collaboratively to achieve a desired outcome
* Process minded working approach
* Acts with integrity, is driven and proactive, driving high quality outputs
* Flexible attitude and ability to remain professional under pressure
Please do get in touch for more details. It is essential that you have recent UK Payroll experience and are currently a UK resident.