We are really excited to be working with a global technology business based in the Wokingham area who are now looking for a Payroll Specialist to join their payroll team of 5 covering multiple European countries. Career progression is absolutely on offer here, the business is doing well and the team is growing.
As Payroll Specialist you will be responsible for the day to day processing of multiple European payrolls as well as assisting with duties such as preparing payroll journals and reconciliations. This role, lasting for 3-6 months, would suit someone with recent payroll legislation knowledge who is able to stand on their own two feet and is quick to learn new process and procedures. For the right candidate there is a very good chance of permanent employment, though the immediate requirement is for someone on a contract basis.
Specifically, this role will include:
- Managing the monthly pay cycle across 4-6 European countries
- Working in a high performing team environment servicing in excess of 20 payrolls across Europe
- Ensuring all employees are accurately paid in a timely manner
- Prepare, check and review the payroll for submission to an outsourced payroll provider
- Ensure all relevant tax and benefit files are logged
- Working closely with finance to ensure payroll journals and reconciliations are accurately recorded
- Booking of employee bonus payments and tax payments
- Prepare payroll reports and reconciliations for month end
- Recording payments in accounting system
- Adhering to strict deadlines and SOX requirements
- Keeping up to date with current payroll legislation
Strong Excel skills are an absolute must, as is significant payroll experience. Anyone with a solid grounding in payroll will be potentially suitable for this role, though handling multiple payrolls would be big benefit. International payroll or accounting experience is not required but this would be beneficial. A 'can do' attitude and pro-active team approach is essential though. If this sounds like you then please get in touch now.