Birmingham, West Midlands
£25000 - £30000 per annum
11 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group is currently working alongside a financial services business as they look to bring their payroll function in-house. To facilitate this, they are currently looking to recruit an experienced Payroll Officer on a permanent basis.
This role is paying up to £30,000 depending on experience and will give you the opportunity to take full ownership of the payroll process.
Within this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely delivery of all allocated payrolls whilst acting as a specialist payroll support to colleagues. This has the potential to develop into a Payroll Manager position.
Principle Accountabilities are as follows:
- Preparation and reconciliation of monthly payroll for around 500 staff
- Processing starters, leavers and salary changes
- Overtime, deductions & bonus's
- Calculation of SSP, SMP and AOE's
- Management of auto enrolment
- Deliver gross to net reports from Sage
- Submission of RTI returns
- Lead the transition to bring the outsourced payroll in house
- Answering payroll queries and holding monthly drop in session
Skills and Experience
- Highly skilled in PAYE legislation
- Pensions, including Auto-Enrolment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (particularly Word and Excel) to a good standard
- Experience in Sage Payroll would be advantageous
- Energy and enthusiasm