Payroll Officer - £25-£30,000 - Winchester
I'm delighted to be supporting our Winchester client, to recruit an experienced Payroll Officer for their team. Working for a very friendly Vets practice, you will be able to offer them previous and recent Payroll experience and have a passion for people, for systems, and for improving systems and adding value to their HR team. Superb team spirit and friendly company to work for.
This role is very well suited to candidates who enjoy working in a friendly, team-sprited company, where every day is different. They are in urgent need of an experienced Payroller, who can solely look after the payroll for around 200 staff, but also add value and improve and streamline processes.
The successful candidate will possess high levels of attention to detail, positivity and accuracy and work efficiently at all times. Your duties as a Payroll Officer will include:
- Entering hours worked per week for both hourly paid work, and monthly salaries for 200 staff
- Processing any adjustments as and when needed
- Checking all timesheets before submissions (some overtime and weekend hours are often worked by their employees
- Managing and updating payroll and salary adjustments
- Working closely with the HR team on site, for any starters, finishers, maternity staff and daily escalation of any queries
- Manage all Payroll reporting
- Completing monthly expenses, and updating relevant information on the HR system
- Processing P60's and P11D's each year
- Take on ad-hoc HR tasks, as and whe required
- Be instrumental in reviewing processes and procedures and assising with the new Payroll system, planned for early 2022.
The successful Payroll Officer will offer:
- A positive, pro-active approach to their work
- Be hands-on and with a positive attitude
- Recent payroll experience and potentially some recent HR experience
- Be strong with Excel and Payroll systems
- Happy to get stuck in and a team player
Please do get in touch for more information on this superb payroll role and my client is able to move quickly on interviews. Their office has a rural location, so you will need to be a car owner and driver for this office based role. My client is also able to offer hybrid working too. As well as a competitive salary, my client offers 25 days holiday, pension, life assurance, health-care and other flexible benefits.