Birmingham, West Midlands
£70000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group have are looking to appoint a Payroll Manager with Fourth experience.
Based in Birmingham and reporting to the Finance Director and partnering closely with HR, Finance Managers and Key Operators; this role's primary purpose is to lead the Payroll team/s through all aspects of payroll. This role will be based in Birmingham with travel to London office.
- Manage the work and development of a small payroll team. The payroll manager will be responsible leading and motivating a team of payroll colleagues, ensuring robust processes are in place and developing the team to ensure they deliver a first-rate service.
- Deliver operational effectiveness, hands-on experience of assisting with the day-to-day transactional processing.
- The role will ensure robust payroll financial controls across the organisation, including control of several payroll portals, ownership/management of the payroll team and the 4 weekly/monthly payroll processes.
* Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of all elements of employee pay and benefits.
* Coordination and management of payroll providers, monitoring of key service level agreements to ensure service levels are maintained and delivered.
* Overseeing the completion of payroll month and year end activity and declarations including the submission to relevant tax authorities.
* Directly manage a team of 4 currently who are processing all payrolls.
* Liaise with finance and operations teams as required.
* Proven experience in managing and overseeing RTI and Auto Enrolment.
* Work with HR and Operations to ensure all adjustments are processed effectively.
* Partner with finance and accounting team regarding GL changes, cost centre additions and other organisational changes
* Work with finance to reconcile all payroll related balance sheet accounts at period end
* Provide sound advice regarding complex transactions related to payroll.
* Ensure a robust control environment with appropriate reconciliations and reviews.
* Support with the completion of external audits.
* Working with internal teams (including legal, HR and finance) on the establishment of new entities
Key Skills, Experience and Knowledge
* Excellent interpersonal skills and team leadership
* Strong organisational and management skills
* Ability to build strong relationships based on integrity, trust and respected judgement.
* Flexible with the ability to prioritise effectively and to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
* Proven people management skills and strong leadership whilst working as part of a high performing teams.
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to meet and establish deadlines.
* Fourth experience is essential as is strong Excel.
* You must have a wealth of payroll experience ideally within leisure, hospitality or retail
* As a Payroll Manager you must have exposure to multiple payrolls and be responsible for the start to end process and all the demands that come with them.
* You will be the first and only point of contact for all payroll questions and queries, so a high level of customer service is required.
* You must be a strong business partner and be willing to travel to London office to make contact and build your profile within the business.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of leading and developing a team of payroll professionals within a dynamic and commercial environment.
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express opinions clearly and the and ability to translate payroll matters and communicate to team and management is essential.
Salary of £70-£75k plus excellent benefits.