£50000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group have been appointed to recruit a Payroll Manager based in Cambridge. Salary up to £65k plus excellent benefits.
Job Purpose: Manage the running of the group payroll function for 35 payrolls a month in 30 locations, including managing external payroll providers, managing an internal team of 5 direct reports and liaising with key stakeholders on all areas of remuneration.
Key monthly role requirements:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of all elements of employee pay and benefits
- Coordination and management of global payroll providers, including the management of deliverable and approval of invoicing. Monitoring of key service level agreements to ensure service levels are maintained and delivered
- Overseeing the completion of payroll year end activity and declarations including the submission to relevant tax authorities
- Directly manage a team of 5 currently who are processing all payrolls either directly or through local third-party providers
- Liaise with the commissions team to ensure that all commission plans are being appropriately and timely paid
- Proven experience in managing and overseeing RTI and Auto Enrolment
- Work with HR to ensure all adjustments are processed effectively
- Partner with accounting team regarding GL changes, cost centre additions and other organizational changes
- Provide sound advice regarding complex transactions related to payroll
- Ensure a robust control environment with appropriate reconciliations, reviews and segregations of duty.
- Support with the completion of external audits.
- Working with an in-house onboarding team (including legal, HR and finance) on the establishment of new entities within the group, in ensuring that all new payrolls are appropriately set up.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis required for gender pay disclosures
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Working with internal teams including HR, Legal and Commissions team in the UK and abroad.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience of working in a multi national organization
- Demonstrable experience of managing diverse teams
- Proven experience of designing and implementing structures, processes and systems
- Helpful, flexible, pro-active approach to work, a team player with a willingness to tackle both new and routine tasks
- Dynamic, responsible and highly organised with the ability to manage multiple streams of work within defined timelines
- Confident in addressing and escalating matters with colleagues in order to resolve underlying issues
- Effective communication skills with finance and non-finance staff, collaborative nature and proactive team player.