Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000 - £65000 per annum
4 months ago
About the role…
FTC 6 Month Contract - Payroll Manager - ITrent
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the work and development of a payroll team. The payroll manager will be responsible leading and motivating a team of payroll colleagues, ensuring robust processes are in place and developing the team to ensure they deliver a first-rate service.
- Deliver operational effectiveness, hands-on experience of assisting with the day-to-day transactional processing.
- The role will ensure robust payroll financial controls across the organisation, including control of several payroll portals, ownership/management of the payroll team.
- Ensure a full handover is done with the payroll team to ensure payroll runs smoothly within the live environment.
- Help define Best Practice Payroll Processes and Reporting requirements from Payroll Production through to general ledger.
- Identify change impacts and work with the business to understand the changes required to working practises and behaviour.
- Input into the design of any Payroll training material and delivery planning.
Experience, skills and attributes:
- Extensive Payroll Knowledge and understanding of UK payroll legislation
- Experience of running a payroll team
- Experience of ITrent
- Future thinking with and curious and open mind
- High degrees of initiative, accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail
- Able to work at pace and be pragmatic
- Problem Solving
- Ability to take a logical and practical approach
- Clear customer focus
- Team player
- Concern for deadline and quality requirements
- Influencing skills and engagement with differing client groups
- Ability to multitask, work to deadlines, prioritise under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
- Understanding of process improvement and business change
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly and supportive working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits. Salary £60k - £65k.