5 days ago
Have you got experience managing end to end Payroll?
Do you want to work for an organisation which is flexible and supportive?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a well known brand based near Alvaston, with their need to recruit a Payroll Manager to look after multiple payrolls within the Group of companies, supported by the help of 1 Payroll Administrator.
To be a successful applicant for the role, you must have completed end to end payroll, with analysis/ reporting experience.
Please get in touch for further information.
Payroll Manager duties:
- Ensure accurately prepared and inputted payroll data into the payroll database to include starters, leavers, and amendments.
- Deal with pay queries, typically the more complex queries as escalated by the payroll/HR team- investigating and interrogating data to find resolution
- Administer and calculate staff pay, overtime, SSP, SMP, Pensions and other adjustments.
- Be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the monthly payroll. Complete all statutory and regulatory monthly and annual returns required by HMRC.
- Conduct regular systems checks to ensure that the payroll database is working correctly and to identify any problems, reporting issues to the Director of People
- Liaise closely with colleagues in the finance department, ensuring that monthly reconciliations for budget purposes are undertaken.
- Produce detailed management reports as required by the Director of People and other senior managers.
- Keep up to date with relevant regulations/legislation and determine the impact of any changes, taking action to implement changes where necessary. Ensuring all staff are kept informed of changes which may impact on the organisation or individuals.
- Be a subject matter expert for taxation and pension rules and their successful application to ensure HMRC and Pension Regulator compliance.
- Produce and maintain up-to-date and comprehensive guidance notes on using the payroll database.
- Oversee annual leave and benefits management processes.
- Drive continuous improvement across all areas of payroll.
- Participate in projects relating to the development of the integrated payroll-HR database, taking a lead on identifying possible improvements to the systems and playing a key role in implementing agreed changes.
To apply for the Payroll Manager position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.