Payroll Manager (Sole Charge) - Croydon
£36,000 - £40,000 + 20 days holiday + pension + health-care
Hybrid working (2 days in the office) - modern offices - free parking
I'm delighted to be working with our reputable, growing, fast-paced health-care business in Croydon, to seek an experienced, hands-on Payroll Manager to join their finance team. Initially this will be a sole charge Payroll Manager role, with the plan to hire an assistant Payroller within a few months. You will take overall responsibility for the Payroll function, and be pivotal in implementing a new payroll system within the next few months.
You will be joining this friendly, growing business, at a period of rapid growth, so a very exciting time to be joining, due to these expansion plans.
As the Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for processing of multiple payrolls for over 8 sites, for c700 staff, including the Head Office function, with the growth plan to exceed 15 sites within the next year, and over 1,000 staff
- Ensure an accurate and timely payroll at all times, including basic pay, payroll taxes, statutory and benefits etc
- Manage the external payroll vendor contracts - manage on-going service delivery and compliance with various reporting requirements
- Be instrumental for implementing a new Payroll system, and work closely with the FD to decide on a new system for the business
- Be responsible for the month-end close, quarter-end and year-end processes as well as responsibly for reviewing/approving journal entries, account reconciliations and accruals
- Ensure all payroll regulatory filings are completed timely and accurately
- Lead the payroll development and be responsible for the implementation process for all new sites
- Partner closely with all internal partners to provide all employees with a first-class onboarding and payroll experience
- Responsibility for preparing relevant management reports, metrics and statistics as needed
- Ensure that all payroll training is up to date for all payroll staff (including recruiting new payroll staff into the business)
- Ensure processes and procedures follow current regulations
- Respond and resolve all queries relating to payroll in a timely manner
- Understand tax coding and tax code downloads
- Liaise with HMRC, as and when needed
- Submit pension data to the relevant pension providers on a monthly basis
- P11D processing
The successful Payroll Manager will offer:
- Experience of working in a similar sole-charge role, and be very hands-on
- An expert in all areas of payroll and be able to hit the ground running
- Can think strategically and act operationally
- Ability to work in a close-knit finance team and adding value
- The ability to process improve, implement new systems and provide a high attention to detail
- Be responsive to all situations when needed
My client is happy to move very quickly on CV's and can also this role on a Temp to Perm basis, although applications from candidates on 3 month's notice will also be considered.
Please do get in touch for a full job spec and for further details.