Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£23000.00 - £29000.00 per annum
2 months ago
Are you an experienced Payroll Specialist? Are you systems savvy and love efficiency's?
I am working with a business based in Wolverhampton who are looking for an experienced Payroll Officer to join their business on a permanent basis. The chosen candidate will be reporting into the Finance Manager, giving full ownership of business in house payroll, consisting of both weekly and monthly payrolls. You can expect a salary of up to £29,000 depending on experience.
This would best suit someone who loves a varied and complex role, is great with Excel and loves rolling their sleeves up and getting involved with other administrative duties.
In return you get the option to work from home 1-2 days per week, along with flexible start and finish times and 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
Payroll Officer duties:
- Full end to end payroll processing for circa 300 employees
- Use of Sage Payroll software and bespoke systems where training will be provided.
- Regular/ ad hoc reports i.e. holidays, absence
- Carry out pensions and life assurance administration
- Coordinate all issues relating to the administration of company health care scheme
- Experience of pension processing for NEST and Peoples Pension.
- Capable of managing NIC/PAYE, SSP/SMP to make sure all submissions and payments are met to deadlines.
- Responsible for the input of payroll data, including processing joiners, leavers, benefits and contractual changes.
- Have a strong understanding of current statutory legislation that directly relates to payroll function, including Tax, NIC, SSP/SMP, Furlough and other statutory payments.
- Able to manage complex queries and drive improvements.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
- Complete any other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Proven payroll experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Reliable, organised, detailed, focused with the ability to meet tight deadlines
For further details and full job brief please get in touch!
To apply for the Payroll Officer position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.