Birmingham, West Midlands
£23000 - £26000 per annum
9 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group is currently working alongside an award winning SME in Birmingham City Centre as they look to bring their payroll function in-house. They are currently looking to recruit a Payroll Assistant to work closely with the FC on this project as well as assisting with some general accounting duties.
This role is paying circa £25k depending on experience and will give you ample opportunity to develop your payroll and finance skills with excellent training and support.
Within this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely delivery of all allocated payrolls whilst being available to answer any payroll queries. You will also support the FC with accounting duties on an ad-hoc basis.
Principle Accountabilities are as follows:
- Preparation and reconciliation of monthly payroll for around 500 staff
- Processing starters, leavers and salary changes
- Overtime, deductions & bonus's
- Calculation of SSP, SMP and AOE's
- Management of auto enrolment
- Deliver gross to net reports from Sage
- Submission of RTI returns
- Answering payroll queries and holding monthly drop in session
Skills and Experience
- Previous payroll experience and an understanding of PAYE legislation
- Experience in an accounting role also would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (particularly Word and Excel) to a good standard
- Experience in Sage Payroll would be advantageous
- Energy and enthusiasm