Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£51000.00 - £58000.00 per annum + dependent on experience plus bens
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to appoint an experienced Payroll & HR Service Delivery Manager based in Stoke on Trent.
· To lead and manage the provision of the in-house payroll, HR & pensions service, ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance and governance, high levels of operational performance, customer service and value for money.
· To lead the development, management and maintenance of the integrated HR/payroll system and recruitment system, facilitating a system-driven approach across the function.
· To assist with the development and timely submission of the statutory and regulatory returns (i.e. HMRC and pension providers) and ensure data integrity for other statutory and regulatory returns (i.e. HESA)
· To provide high level advice and guidance on all matters relating to payroll including pensions and legislative requirements.
Responsibilities & Duties
1. To be responsible for the provision of accurate and timely production of the payroll, including allowances and deductions and ensuring compliance with statutory regulations currently in force.
2. To be responsible for ensuring that proper records ancillary to the HR and payroll operation are accurately and properly prepared and maintained, and that those records are retained in a confidential, secure and readily accessible manner, i.e. allowing speedy reference/management reporting, consistent with prevailing statutory duties.
3. To be responsible for the overall security of HR and payroll operations, including carrying out internal checks and regular reconciliation of control accounts in accordance with payroll procedures and audit requirements.
4. Provide information and advice to the Director of HR&OD in relation to changes in the statutory framework in respect of tax, National Insurance, sick pay, maternity pay and parental leave etc. and to liaise with other staff with delegated authority in respect of such matters.
5. To ensure the business is compliant with requirements for HMRC and the operation of its pension schemes; that the schemes are appropriately administered and managed, auto-enrolment and contractual enrolment obligations are fulfilled, deductions accurately made and to ensure the preparation and submission of accurate returns and information as may be required.
6. To liaise with Finance in relation to the processing of payrolls and the collation of payroll information for audit purposes.
7. To take ownership of the HR administrative and payroll processes and systems - taking responsibility for continuous improvement, development, management and maintenance of systems, and to drive the function towards digital solutions. To co-ordinate upgrades and provide training and guidance to all users of the systems. To liaise with software suppliers and Digital Services in respect of enhancements, upgrades and bug resolutions. To be the HR lead on digital projects where relevant to HR/payroll activity.
8. Act as systems administrator with the responsibility for the maintenance of all HR and pay related parameters and system controls on the integrated HR/payroll system including ensuring that database records are created and maintained in order to produce meaningful reporting.
9. To effectively manage and support the Team Leaders of the HR Services team and Payroll team and facilitate a collaborative working partnership between the two teams. To review and implement best practice in relation to these two areas of the department. To provide an overarching vision for the two teams to ensure standardisation of activity and improved efficiency.
10. To contribute to the work of any other areas of Human Resources and Organisational Development, as required.
11. To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade and scope of the role as determined by the Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development.
Salary £51,000 to £58,000 dependant on experience plus excellent benefits.
Our client currently operate a hybrid working pattern however this is guaranteed long term.