Birmingham, West Midlands
£24000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
10 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Technician to join our large; prestigious client based in Birmingham City Centre.
As the Payroll Technician you will be responsible for ensuring payrolls are processed in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring that all changes to tax codes, remuneration & bank details are implemented in the correct month.
Duties & responsibilities
- Processing starters and leavers
- Inputting salary changes, car allowances, overtime, bonus payments, commission payments or amendments
- Adding new pension entrants ensuring pension percentage is correct
- Ensure all statutory payments are calculated and administered correctly i.e. SMP, SSP, SAP
- Ensure correct deductions are made from salary for employees where relevant
- Change tax codes and student loans as notified by HMRC
- Ensure all court orders are calculated and administer correctly i.e. AEOs, DEOs, DEAs
- Produce payslips for printing, emailing or loading to the HR Self Service system
- Reconcile control accounts and perform manual calculations and raise any payments required outside of the normal payroll run
This role will be available on a 12 month fixed term contract and salary will be £25,000 plus excellent benefits.