Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with our high profile, well-established, close-knit organisation who are growing each year. Due to this superb growth, our client is in need of a Payroll Administrator to really support the busy Payroll Team of 15, to look after the daily administration tasks that the team needs.
This is an exceptional, unique Payroll Administrator opportunity where this may well be your first or second job, and you are a quick learner and able to multi-task, and where you can learn from your experienced Payroll team.
They are a people-focussed business, so will receive first class training and on-boarding and you will enjoy a long term career with them.
As the Payroll Administrator, you will be working within a Payroll team of 15, reporting to the Payroll Team Leader and will undertake the following duties:
- Supporting the payroll teams by being first point of contact for emails and telephone calls
- Completion of requests for information from Government/Statutory bodies as they arise
- Providing copy payslips, P60s, P11D's, producing statement of earnings
- Sending Payslips and P45's for weekly and monthly payrolls
- Sorting and handing out post for payroll team
- Payroll Administration and entering information onto the relevant in-house systems
- Completing the input of payroll data, including timesheets etc
- Providing weekly reports for the manager
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives
Required Skills and experience
- Potentially previous office experience but full training will be offered
- Experience of working in a high volume transactional environment is desirable.
- Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality.
- Proactive nature and ability to work on own initiative but recognises the objectives of the whole team.
- Personable and approachable nature
- Ability to adapt to change
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- High volume of email and telephone queries daily.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Email skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high performing team where no two days are the same! Our client can offer superb modern offices, a friendly team spirit and long term career opportunities for the successful Payroll Administrator. Our client offers a superb Reading Town centre location, and therefore within easy reach of all public transport routes.