Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000.00 - £50000 per annum + central location, PHC, Pension
20 days ago
Do you want to work for a prestigious law firm based in the heart of the city centre of Birmingham? Modern chic offices; a professional, progressive corporate environment, friendly colleagues; close supportive team; interesting role AND career progression?!
Look no further, this is a fantastic highly-visible business-partnering role supporting the legal firm's Partners in managing, maintaining and delivering all aspects of the partners' accounting, and supporting HR with internal costs, budgets and analysis.
The Partner Accountant will be responsible for:
- Responsible for all Partner funds and reporting of capital, current account, tax reserves, drawings, distributions and interest for the firm's partners.
- Ensuring reserves and taxation accounts balance to the General Ledger.
- Preparing information for the partner remuneration process.
- Calculating annual profit share allocations.
- Preparing and distributing annual statements and dealing with queries.
- Preparing Partner journals throughout the financial year and Partner year-end accounting.
- Liaising with external tax advisors and accountants on all tax and partner matters.
- Providing partnership tax computation information to external tax advisors for review and completion.
- Providing information and analysis to external tax advisors re partner personal tax returns.
- Ensuring compliance with HMRC regulations regarding employed and self-employed status.
- Holding one to one meetings with Partners regarding finances.
- Creating statistics regarding Partners for the Director team.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual salary budgets for teams, Business Operations and the firm.
- Reviewing monthly payroll and overall team spends, monitoring against budgets and reporting on under and overspends, as well as flagging any potential ongoing issues or queries.
- Overseeing the management accounting aspects of Partner and people costs to ensure correct allocations and reconciliations to prepayments and accruals.
As the successful Partner Accountant, you will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ ICAEW/ ICAS, ACCA, CIMA), and previous experience of working within an LLP business, law firm or other professional services environment would be desirable. Advanced MS Excel experience is essential, and a working of knowledge of payroll, employee benefits and personal tax would be highly beneficial.
In person we seek a high-achiever with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; someone who has the gravitas to build trusting relationships with senior stakeholders. You will need to be well organised, hands-on, with very strong attention to detail, and the ability to present often technical information to non-financial colleagues.
The Partner Accountant role is attracting a salary of up to £50,000 (dependant on experience), plus a defined contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, and other benefits to financially enhance your overall package.
To apply for the Partner Accountant position based in central Birmingham, please apply with your most recent CV at your earliest convenience. Thank you.