Birmingham, West Midlands
£25000 - £33000 per annum + 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
9 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group is currently working alongside a medium sized business in Birmingham as they look to recruit a Payroll Specialist on a part time basis to help develop and improve their payroll function. They are looking to recruit somebody to work 30 hours perk week - there is flexibility as to how this is made up although they need you in the office on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
This role is paying circa £25k - £33k (full time equivalent) depending on experience with 25 days annual leave (pro rata) and free parking.
Within this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely delivery of both monthly and weekly payrolls whilst being available to answer any payroll queries. You will liaise with HR and help drive change across the payroll function.
Principle Accountabilities are as follows:
- Preparation and reconciliation of monthly payroll for around 400 staff
- Processing starters, leavers and salary changes
- Overtime, deductions & bonus's
- Calculation of SSP, SMP and AOE's
- Management of auto enrolment
- Deliver gross to net reports from Sage
- Submission of RTI returns
- Answering payroll queries
Skills and Experience
- Previous payroll experience and an understanding of PAYE legislation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (particularly Word and Excel) to a good standard
- Experience in Sage Payroll
- Energy and enthusiasm