Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£0.00 - £19000 per annum + Car Allowance
2 months ago
My client, a world leading provider of contract logistics and international freight forwarding, are seeking a part time HR Officer on a fixed term contract of 12 months.
The successful applicant shall be expected to provide an effective, efficient, timely and professional generalist HR service to clients; advising and guiding on a range of HR issues, policies and practices and supporting the business in change initiatives and the implementation of projects as required.
As the part time HR Officer, you will work in a regional role therefore you must have the flexibility to travel.
As the successful HR Officer, the role will involve:
- Providing a professional generalist HR service to clients; supporting and advising management and staff across the full spectrum of human resource management.
- Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of employment legislation and Company Policy
- Delivery of a full support service to recruiting managers for graded vacancies.
- Assisting HR management in the resolution of collective disputes and collective bargaining where required.
- Assisting L&D colleagues, management and employees in the provision of development initiatives as required
- Providing support for national development programmes, such as apprenticeships, management trainee programmes, the Operations Skills Academy, work experience, student placements etc. as required.
- Supporting and, where appropriate, leading organisational change programmes such as re-structuring, redundancy, business transfers, acquisitions, site closures, site opening, re-location etc.
- Supporting and advising management on audit results wherever and whenever HR-related nonconformities are identified.
- Providing clients with appropriate and timely management information on HR related issues and producing and delivering presentations where required.
It would be highly beneficial for you to have:
- Demonstrable experience in a HR Officer / similar position, advising client across the full spectrum of HR management.
- CIPD qualified.
- Successful track record of recruitment and selection of graded staff positions.
- Experience of working in manufacturing/ retail / logistics environment.
- Industrial relations experience including exposure to union environments.
- Sound knowledge of employment law, particularly that relating to disciplinary and absence management and equality.
- Knowledge of HR best practice.
- Ability to prioritise and organise and influence.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment, adhere to deadlines and adopt flexibility in working hours.
- Driving license combined with acceptance of the requirement for extensive UK travel and overnight stays