Potters Bar, Hertfordshire
£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a PE group who have recently acquired a business in Potters Bar and need a part time Financial Controller to lead the finance function and support the leadership team to continue its growth
This is an excellent opportunity for a ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified Accountant with previous experience as Financial Controller to step into a highly profitable SME and own the whole accounting function. The business has a turnover under £10 million and will require a hands on individual who enjoys everything from posting invoices to preparing stat and management accounts, and providing detailed insight to the leadership team. This will really suit an individual who likes to be heavily involved in all aspects of a business and work closely with the Sales Director and Managing Director to not only ensure financial accuracy, but also support with new business development, capex projects and providing detailed analysis on customers.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys a varied work day and being a big cog in a small machine.
The role is offering full flexibility with regards to days and working hours (aim should be circa 25 hours a week). Some of the Financial Controller responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and review with management of monthly Management Accounts pack.
- Attend monthly Board meetings and other meetings as required.
- Purchase Ledger (PL) Maintenance, including reconciliation of Supplier Accounts and payment runs in a timely manner to optimise cash flow according to company requirements
- Cash Book Management ensuring all authorisation protocols are met before payments are raised. Weekly bank account reconciliations and monthly petty cash reconciliations.
- Managing cash-flow and margin forecasts and reports.
- Stock oversight to include annual (or as required) stock-take processes.
- Provide forecast information to MD/Board for PL payment runs and SL receipts to facilitate a cash flow forecast
- Working with customer services overseeing the provision of daily, weekly and monthly performance data to sales team, MD and Board as required
- Monthly & Year End Fixed Asset reconciliations and monthly depreciation journal
- Preparation and submission of Statutory accounts, in liaison with external auditors, accountants and finance leads from major investor.
- Preparation and submission of Corporation Tax and VAT returns and payments and any other Tax returns and submissions.
The right person for this role needs to a confident Financial Controller who has had previous experience in a PE backed or highly leveraged business and can ensure robust controls are in place with demonstrable experience in a senior role in a smaller business.
Package on offer is up to £75,000 pro rota + bens