£28000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Benefits & Study Support
4 months ago
Are you actively studying for your qualification?
Do you come from a practice or multiple client facing environment?
Do you manage the process from start to finish when compiling the Management Accounts?
Gleeson Accountancy Recruitment are delighted to be working with our well established and growing client based in Reading, who are currently recruiting for a progressive Part Qualified Accountant .
You will be joining a well-established team of accountants, and will report into the Accounting Team Leader, where you will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and your responsibilities will include:
- Completion of monthly client management accounts comprising of preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries with responsibility for the reconciliation of the balance sheet items and the preparation of supporting schedules for all balance sheet and tax sensitive profit and loss items.
- Preparation of relevant tax filings such as VAT returns, corporation tax returns and P11ds.
- You will be able to undertake a detailed review of the accounting output of junior staff.
- Act as a point of contact for the clients on their day to day affairs, with supervision where necessary, and ensure that all communication, whether written or spoken is in a professional manner, responding to and dealing with client queries in a timely manner, coordinating response with team members when necessary.
- You will be able to prepare detailed/consolidated financial statements in accordance with the appropriate accounting standards and liaising with clients and auditors in connection with the signing of the financial statements in line with designated deadlines, including preparation of audit files for clients and auditors with supporting schedules for all balance sheet and tax sensitive profit and loss items.
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA Part-Qualified Accountant with progressive studying
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in a similar role
- Excellent bookkeeping skills
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of basic accounting work is advantageous
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and accounting systems
- Well organised and a good planner
- Excellent communication skills
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work in a dynamic environment, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application with your CV here.