£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + plus bonus
about 1 month ago
Our client, a leading manufacturer of household cleaning and hygiene products, are looking to expand their packaging department with a Project Manager. The focus of this role is to assist the Projects and managing New Product Development, Existing Product Development, and other project related work.
· Performing Packaging tests (using existing and new methods and procedures)
· Tabulating results and issuing reports of Packaging Tests done
· Using and maintaining packaging laboratory equipment (e.g. Instron, Ovens, Verniers, etc.)
· Collating together materials for use in production trials
· Overseeing and managing production trials
· Co-ordinating the sending of samples related to project activity in line with regulations.
· Provide holiday cover for systems for the complete product range
· Generally supporting the NPI department in line with site priorities
· Any other reasonable duties as requested by Line Manager including holiday cover, if no alternative solution is available, for artwork approval process.
· Creation and maintenance of packaging specifications on PLM according to requirements
· Liaison with Marketing and customer market to deliver NPD&EPD product changes with packaging involvement
· Support the production lines with quality and line performance projects
· To meet all packaging testing and trial requirements in line with project timelines
· Maintain lab equipment
· Manage all Packaging related processes in line with project timelines
· Managing NPD/EPD projects to time and budget
· Identifying cost saving opportunities (FUEL) and making them happen
Qualifications and experience
· Bachelor's Degree
· Technical or science background preferred
· Experience in any or all of the following would be an advantage:
- Pack Development
- Laboratory work
- Manufacturing environment with the special emphasis on FMCG industry
· Ability to deal with large amounts of data and to organise data methodically and systematically
· Flexibility and adaptability to ever changing business needs and timescales
· Initiative and self motivation to work unsupervised
· Able to develop good working relationships with and manage internal departments and external supply
· Ability to learn how to use test equipment such as Instron, Verniers, Ovens etc.
· Ability to prepare and present reports on tests performed.
· Ability to maintain security and confidentiality
This is a fantastic role within a well-established and highly renowned client who are rapidly expanding. If interested in finding out more about this role, please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV, or email to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note that you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.