Halesowen, West Midlands
£50000.00 - £55000 per annum + Pension, 4x life assurance, 25 days hol
4 months ago
An Overseas Financial Controller is sought by a highly-regarded global manufacturing business, based in Halesowen, Birmingham, with turnover in excess of $1 billion, and an enviable blue-chip client base. This is an excellent opportunity to join the global team as Financial Controller and enjoy the nuances of their international business units, yet be an integral part of the close-knit UK team, based here in the West Midlands.
The Overseas Financial Controller will ensure that their overseas business units are compliant with group policies and reporting through the provision of accounting and management support.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Controller will be:
- Financial and Management reporting (ensuring accounting and reporting complies with applicable accounting standards and group policies);
- Review and analysis of monthly results against expectations;
- Month End reporting;
- Year end reporting - Support the group consolidation process;
- Support the preparation and delivery of both direct and indirect tax compliance requirements;
- Support of local accountants overseas - creation of induction/ training plans and management of performance (dotted line reporting);
- Treasury management - Ensure each overseas unit has sufficient funding to meet their obligations;
- Ensuring the business keeps abreast of technical and regulatory changes and propose recommendations accordingly;
- Critical evaluation of current processes and systems as regards to risk and efficiencies, and solution suggestions.
WHO WE SEEK:
The successful Overseas Financial Controller will be a qualified accountant from ACCA, CIMA or ACA / ICAEW and have proven experience in a Head Office accounting role ideally from a company that has international reach. You will be strong technically in accounting, and also in data analysis. A group consolidations background would be perfect, as would some knowledge of different reporting GAAPs.
In person, our client are looking for an Accountant that is timely, accurate and well-organised, someone who is a team player and good emotional intelligence. Someone who loves international travel (as and when we can!) would also be highly beneficial as there will be the opportunity to travel to some of the business units internationally in the future.
- Salary £50-55,000 base salary
- Defined contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Health cash plan
- 4 x life assurance
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply for the Overseas Financial Controller position based in Halesowen, Birmingham, or if you'd like further information on the role, business or package, please apply with your most recent CV or get in touch with us directly on Linked in.
This role is based in Halesowen (West Midlands), which is easily commutable from the Black Country, North Worcestershire, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Kidderminster and Birmingham.