£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Operations Manager/ General Manager
My client has an urgent need for an Operations Manager/ General Manager to be based in Lichfield. This is truly an excellent opportunity for a successful individual who is used to working in the financial services industry.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for all aspects of running the operation for the business, leading, managing and developing a growing team. Reporting to the COO, they will assume responsibility for the day to day operational functions, ensuring a high level of client service and control is maintained.
- Ensure that the company's vision, values and policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Managing the critical function and oversight process, ensuring the correct escalation route is followed, ensuring issues are monitored until resolution.
- Managing all identified risks to the business, ensuring they are assessed and correctly reported.
- Ensure compliance to FCA, importantly CASS, AML and KYC requirements, by ensuring appropriate controls are in place. Monitors and understands changes in requirement to ensure the business remain compliant
- Proactively seeks out and keeps abreast of industry change.
- Ensure the proper management of functions completed by team including counter-party settlement, reconciliation, corporate actions, transfers and payments
- Responsible for all aspects of people management including appraisals, objective setting, performance and absence management and grievances.
- Effectively plan, organise and co-ordinate resources including team working hours rota
- Deputise for the COO in their absence
- Run continuous improvement discussions to investigate and analyse operational issues, performing root cause analysis. Working with other departments to ensure resolution.
- Manage 3rd parties relationships e.g. custodians and software suppliers
- Work to minimise costs and ensure best working practices are maintained at all times
- Managing end to end recruitment process, contacting agencies, interviewing candidates and completing new entrant on boarding process
- Track and manage training on team to achieve aim of a fully cross functional team, as well as ensuring all required regulatory training is completed
- Define and implement working procedures and controls to increase efficiency and effectiveness, ensuring segregation of duties and adherence to regulations. Maintain these to ensure they are updated in line with any changes to process
- Managing change and new processes from initiation to integration into BAU, evaluating risk to the operation to ensure a high level of control is maintained
- Work with client relationship manager to on board new clients and their requirements, assessing how these will affect the operational processes on the team, including migration planning and execution
- Proactive customer focused approach to service delivery and management of Service Level Agreements
- Maintain client terms and conditions document to ensure these reflect current processes, controls and charging structure
The Operations Manager should preferably have experience in a previous operational management role with at least 5 years' experience in a management role at an FCA regulated firm.
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate the team with a proven track record in leading and developing successful teams
- Proactive, customer focused approach
- Has experience of oversight and risk management
- Displays good problem-solving skills
- Has strong organisational skills and is able to independently prioritise theirs and the team's workload, planning for periods of peak volumes.
- Ability to anticipate and address barriers including wider business and client impact
- Possess the ability to work within a high pressured fast-moving environment
- Must be flexible and able to adjust efficiently to change
- The role holder should have keen attention to detail, taking pride and care in regard to their quality of work, understanding how this affects others and the company.
- Highly analytical and detail orientated with a hands-on approach and well-developed execution skills
- Have experience liaising and communicating with people at all levels, including senior management and stakeholders
- Conveys detailed information in a concise, accurate manner in written communications
Holidays: 25 days per year plus bank holidays
Membership to the employer's pension scheme