Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£55000.00 - £58000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in partnership with a leading FMCG business, who supply into a number of well-known retailers in the UK. They are on the lookout for an experienced and qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) Operations Finance Manager, who will support the wider finance function and operations team.
The role offers lots of flexibility, with travel to a small number of sites in Scotland and northern England, you you'll manage your own diary and spend more than half the month working from home. This business has gone through a period of sustained growth and have a number of opportunities in the finance team, so it's an exciting time to join the business.
You'll provide data and insight for key drivers, around cost, waste, productivity and efficiency, which helps make key business decisions.
Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Providing site level analysis to understand the asset performance
- Heavy involvement in the business reporting cycle; forecasting, budgeting and month end
- Management of the cost modelling process
- Responsibility for the data and inputs provided by each site
- Business case evaluation and investment appraisal
- Business partnering with non-Finance staff, helping them to understand key business drivers and opportunities, and working with the operations team to present this information
- Developing good governance processes, enabling smooth control reviews and internal audits
Key Skills, Experiences & Qualifications:
- (ACA/ACCA/ACMA/CIMA) Qualified Accountant
- Experience of working with senior management across the business including technical and commercial stakeholders at all levels
- Strong understanding of financial management and reporting, financial controls and processes, implementation and governance
- Proven experience of forecasting and budgeting
- Experienced at developing and working with MS Excel
- Skilled at financial systems (SAP/BPC)