Job Purpose & Context
We are currently recruiting a crucial person to the business to support the installed global base of our equipment with the flexibility to travel whenever assigned which may involve extended periods of travel at short notice. It is expected that up to 90% of time will be international travel.
You will be a member of the Operations Engineering team and will be travelling largely overseas at high profile customer sites. He/she will be an excellent communicator and will ultimately ensure that our complex and innovative technology is implemented and maintained efficiently and within the parameters of the Customer Service Agreement.
All day to day technical problems will be resolved effectively to optimise the availability and performance of the machines. The job holder will work independently but also operate as part of the larger team of engineers. He/she will have daily contact with the customer and will ensure the compliance to quality standards such as our QMS and ISO2008.
- Machine trouble shooting & resolution
- Preventative maintenance tasks
- Monitor daily operation & ensure operators follow our procedures
- New site audits, installation, set up and production training for operators
- CVD machine upgrades, assembly & validation
- Daily machine maintenance checks
- Replacement of consumable materials and parts stock control
- Machine quality issue identification, escalation & improvement
- Product coating performance related issues, identification & resolution
- Updates of production, maintenance, upgrade & validation records
- Service documentation creation
- Support customer sites when assigned which may involve international travel at short notice
- Involvement in NPI trial runs to transfer from pilot stage to mass production
- Ensure Health, Safety & Environmental requirements are met
- Process optimization including recommendation for customer's on-site process flows
- Bachelor's Degree / HND in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
Skills & Experience
- 3 years or above in a similar position in thin film or Nano-coating equipment such as CVD, PECVD, PVD, etc.
- Demonstrated capability of machine electro-mechanical problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Demonstratable skills and knowledge in reading electrical diagrams.
- Broad technical skills (electrical/electronic/mechanical)
- Mechanical, electrical, pneumatic & vacuum knowledge for repair, processing & validation
- Flexibility to travel when assigned
- Detail-oriented in data recording and root cause analysis
- Proficient in written and oral English
- Excel/word (MS Office) skills and ability to create reports & presentations
- Knowledge of PLC operation.
- RF matching networks.
- A good team player with clear communication skills and customer awareness but has ability to work on his or her own.
- Proactive & Self-disciplined in delivering the tasks required with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility in work hours, over time and vacations to meet service level agreements with customers.
- Flexibility for travel for extended periods of time.