Birmingham, West Midlands
£21000.00 - £23000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are seeking an Operations Co-ordinator to join a global supplier, based in Birmingham.
Working closely with key customers and Area Sales Managers, you will be processing sales and purchase orders and returns efficiently, working to tight deadlines, adapting to the various demands of the role. Liaising with suppliers and hauliers daily to ensure the most cost-effective method of supply is achieved.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers via telephone and email
- Ensure accurate placement of orders with manufacturers and suppliers via SAP system
- Arrange cost effective international transportation of orders to the UK & organise transportation when needed
- Provide continuous customer communication during order & monitor live sales orders
- Prepare Sales Order documentation for dispatch
- Update and maintain accurate detailed sales opportunities via SAP system to communicate closely with Area Sales Managers
- Liaise with internal finance departments regarding new accounts, account limits, on hold orders for dispatch within SAP
- Responsible for the smooth resolution of on-site issues by liaising with Suppliers, Hauliers and internal/external Technical Teams, ensuring the Area Sales Manager is kept informed of progress at all times.
- Process customer Sales Returns, ensuring stock is returned into available stock for resale.
- Process Purchase Returns where suppliers have agreed to take back stock, liaising with suppliers, hauliers, and warehouse
- Offer customers add-on products to increase sales
- Carry out additional ad-hoc tasks as requested by management
Experience & Personal Attributes:
- Similar previous role within operational administration / sales co-ordination
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to motivate and encourage staff, to deal effectively with internal and external contacts ranging from executive to administrative levels, and to produce effective summaries and reports as required
- Highly motivated self-starter, with a positive, professional attitude, strong work ethic, and critical attention to detail
- Evidence of strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- High degree of personal integrity and professional accountability
- Previous use of SAP / CRM Systems would be an advantage