Llangefni, Isle of Anglesey
£55000 - £60000.00 per annum
29 days ago
Gleeson are now working with a UK wide business who have one of the most compelling success stories over the last 20 years. This is a high growth company who started out from very humble beginnings, to now being one of the leading manufacturers across Europe.
This company has a a very strong UK presence within the industry and are committed to delivering the highest quality products to the British public and a high number of world renowned brands.
The role of the Operational Finance Manager
This is a varied role in a fast-paced environment, the role holder will need to be adaptable, proactive and challenge the site teams.
Looking for a passionate, operational finance manager who wants a challenge, will work well under pressure and will provide the insight into operational activities of the business to help them achieve its objectives.
As a key member of the Site Management Team in Llangefni, the purpose of the role is:
- To provide timely, accurate and meaningful finance information to the business (site and centre)
- To ensure Financial controls are in place and adhered to, ensure the site is audit ready from a finance perspective
- To support the Site Director in operational improvements & initiatives
- To mentor, develop and train the Finance Assistant
- The role will interface with the operations, planning, procurement and site manufacturing teams, ensuring efficient, low-cost manufacture of products. There will also be liaison with the commercial teams to ensure that products can be manufactured on a commercial basis.
Skills & Experience for this Operational Finance Manager
- Qualified Accountant with +3 years post-qualified experience.
- A strong manufacturing background
- Strong leader able to manage and develop a high performing team
- Reacts well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills and financial systems (ERPs: Navision, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Communicates clearly and simply. Confident in challenging people and an expert in influencing stakeholders.
- Self-organized, self-motivated, action oriented and efficient
- Experience of process improvements. Pro-active, takes initiative, actively seeks out improvement opportunities without being asked
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and is able to balance the need for analysis and rigour with speed of action when solving problems