Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
4 months ago
NPI Quality Engineer - Automotive - Permanent - Milton Keynes
Are you an NPI Quality Engineer with a background in the co-ordination of APQP activities leading across new product introductions? If so, a Milton Keynes based Automotive manufacturing organisation who specialise in bespoke products for many of the world's most prestigious brands are looking for you!
As the NPI Quality Engineer, you will be responsible overseeing BEON/PPAP release status of customer released products, and will Interface with Customer Quality, Project Management, Testing and Engineering ensure customer BEON/PPAP targets are met for all launch and ECR requirements.
The NPI Quality Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Control and track all APQP documents through PPAP approval for new program launches to ensure customer submission dates are achieved.
- Execute PPAP submission and approval as required for customers.
- Contribute to lessons learned reflection workshops as common point of reference across product range.
- Understand and provide interpretation of customer PPAP specific requirements when required.
- Oversee and participate in task completion of Quality related Project phased gateway release.
- Ensure latest customer specifications and standards are in place within BMS.
- Attend customer meetings if required.
- Preparation of BEON/PPAP elements.
- Internal Quality Champion for Run at Rate/2DP activities to ensure safe product launch.
- Support Gauge design and acceptance meetings.
- Support with statistical analysis through product maturation phases
- Support D/PFMEA & DFM reviews as required.
Skills required or the NPI Quality Engineer:
- Significant experience in a medium volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive.
- Strong knowledge of the latest Automotive tools and techniques.
- Strong APQP experience.
- A detailed understanding of IMDS.
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers.
- Excellent leadership and man- management skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members.
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills.
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making.
- Commercially aware.
The NPI Quality Engineer role offers a strong benefits package combined with a highly competitive salary.
If you would like to know more, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 07527257851 or email