Coventry, West Midlands
£38000 - £40000 per annum
11 months ago
- To provide strong leadership and to develop a culture of defect prevention and waste elimination.
- To develop and maintain world-class levels of Quality Engineering in all manufacturing processes.
- To act as the Company representative to ensure during Product development adherence to Safety, Legal and Customer Specific Requirements.
- Ensure compliance to existing company Systems and Procedures to support TS16949.
- To lead cross functional team projects and activities, especially those targeted on zero defect prevention to target and achieve excellent levels of First-Time-Through, scrap and rework.
- To develop and maintain Quality Plans for all project phases through to series production and ensure Lessons Learnt have been incorporated.
- Provide directional guidance during Design, DFM, PFMEA and Control Plan reviews.
- Ensure that all the requirements of APQP and PPAP are documented, maintained, reviewed and meet Customer expectations.
- Manage and assist in concern investigation, countermeasure implementation and countermeasure confirmation audits during development, build phases and into series production.
- When required, assist Purchasing with supplier APQP processes including supplier site visits and audits to establish Quality requirements of external suppliers.
- Provide relevant quality data to New projects / Manufacturing team members.
- Compilation of Customer / Initial Sample inspection report documentation to support pre-production builds
- Compilation of Customer Build Appraisal to assist operational teams.
- Manage and deliver a seamless handover of Projects to the Operational team.