Are you an NPI Project Engineer with a background in a Project Engineering/Management in the Automotive or Aerospace sectors? If so, a Midlands based organisation who design, manufacture, and assemble precision forged and machined components are looking for you!
As the NPI Project Engineer, you will be responsible leading the implementation for re-introduction of legacy existing and new products. A broad base of manufacturing knowledge is preferred coupled with sound project management principles with a desire to complete and finish projects effectively and efficiently.
The NPI Project Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Co-ordination of new project introduction (NPI) projects across all Business functions
- Progress NPI projects throughout the life of the project and update status documents issuing to the teams for actioning.
- Working with customers to deliver projects OTIF.
- Follow and update project progress tracking documents challenging all quarters for improvements to KPI's exceeding original expectations.
- Following the businesses NPI and RPI process logging adherence to process and ensuring all stakeholders are completing activities as required, inclusive of APQP, PPAP and FAI requirements.
- Monitor re-introduced parts and update status documents, ensuring effective communication of challenges throughout.
- Chair internal weekly Business Unit NPI review meetings as required engaging at all levels of the team.
- Support Business Development with the creation of Project plans working with stakeholders as required.
- Champion the estimating process, working with business development team to generate a total cost model to suit customer expectations.
- Work with stakeholders to create an environment where a company Accelerate Program for NPI key projects can be effective.
Skills required or the NPI Project Engineer:
- Previous experience in a Project Engineering/Management role in Automotive or Aerospace would be advantageous.
- Ability to work with & support multiple projects.
- Understanding of validation requirements PPAP, APQP, FAI's and Customer specific specifications.
- Use of Microsoft Project or other Project management tools.
- Working within an AS 9100 & BS EN ISO 9001 environment.
- Supporting Customers & their quality systems.
- Experience of Sabre, Grams, DVI or other quality systems.
The NPI Project Engineer role offers a strong benefits package combined with a highly competitive salary.
If you would like to know more, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 0121 752 9921 / 07527257851 or email