£50000 - £60000 per annum
12 months ago
My client, a high-growth health, beauty and wellness business, is looking to recruit a Head of NPD. This role is part of an ongoing expansion and exciting new product development.
My client is based in Birmingham and is offering a hybrid working pattern (two days per week in the office) so the successful candidates can be based anywhere in the Midlands.
My client has successful launched products across health and beauty, skincare and haircare. Product expansion is a key growth pillar for the business.
The successful candidate will be consumer focused, but also commercially driven. They should love NPD and also solving issues.
The role will encompass:
- Develop and build the new product portfolio in skincare and haircare
- Act as main business contact and commercial support for NPD
- Lead and ensure the company follows a stage gate process and critical paths to keep launches within the company objectives and products to be launched in a high standard, timely manner.
- Understand company and brand strategy, ensuring product development focuses on sustainability, diversity and traceability in line with CSR objectives
- Build new product strategy plan and budget to fit with brand and company ethos
- Refresh and optimise existing product portfolio
- Conduct market research internally and externally to provide compelling reasons for the development of a product and the supporting in-market messaging once launched (including product guides and claim substantiation for internal team)
- Work with supplier base/subject experts to develop new products
- Develop project plans from start of project to launch of product
- Manage partnerships with all manufacturers, ingredient suppliers, packaging sources and printing facilities for new and existing product developments
- Hair/beauty/supplement experience within FMCG
- NPD and research experience
- Project management experience
- A positive, can-do attitude
Highly competitive package.