My client, a market leading retail business based in Coventry, are looking to recruit Product Development Manager. An exciting role, you will be responsible for the development, launch and development of NPD projects. The role will focus on all own brand products, both managing the existing product portfolio and and managing new product lifecyle.
- To manage, develop and deliver approved NPD projects working with key stakeholders, CM's, QA, Supply Chain and Packaging to ensure that project delivered to specification and on time.
- Identify gaps in the market and develop new product proposals based on market/ consumer research.
- Review market and competitor benchmarks to ensure that products meet customer expectation.
- Working with suppliers and manufacturing, negotiating best prices and maintaining relationships.
- Work with QA & Regulatory to ensure product safety and legal compliance.
- Work closely with artwork and creative teams to develop product packaging.
- Visit supplier manufacturing locations and attend UK and International trade shows, continually seeking new suppliers to broaden supply base.
- Effective influencing, communication and networking skills. Capable of managing multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Project management skills
- A creative thinker with commercial mindset.